BisonColleges & UniversitiesNews
[TheVOICE] – Pitches, Startup VA, Dream Day & Obama
A lot is going on in Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia with startups, business owners and entrepreneurs. It is a great place to be an entrepreneur. Here are some great articles you should read from the week of November 18, 2012.
- Area Entrepreneurs Pitch for Charity (Patch.com) – McLean-based TroopID wins Friday's contest at Arlington Economic Development.
- Howard University Dream Day (Washington Post) – Howard University students interested in careers in entertainment and fashion recently attended the first ever Dream Day- an opportunity to inspire young entrepreneurs.
- Roanoke & Blackburg Entrepreneurs begin Startup Virginia Meetings (WSL10) – Entrepreneurs in Blacksburg and Roanoke are working together to strengthen our small business communities.
- New Nonprofit Group Fosters Entrepreneurial Spirit (Hispanic Business) – A statewide startup nonprofit group wants entrepreneurs to know that guidance, networking, fresh talent and potential investors are just a click away.
- What's Next After Small Business Saturday? Giving Tuesday (Patch) – Georgetown University, Casey Trees and the National Trust for Historic Preservation among the organizations trying to encourage people to pause in their shopping and find a way to help others.
- In Maryland, a so-so Small Business Saturday for some (Gazette) – Small merchants in Maryland reported mixed results from the third annual Small Business Saturday holiday shopping promotion this weekend.
- Obama consults small business owners on tax policy, fiscal cliff negotiations (Washington Post) – President Obama on Tuesday sat down with small business owners from across the country to discuss their economic concerns and their recommendations for avoiding the “fiscal cliff.”